Saturday, August 29, 2015

1.8 My Writing Process

First Thing's First! 

Before writing my first blog EVER, I need to know what type of writing process I posse. 

After reading the Student's Guide I have categorized myself to surprisingly be two of four different types of writers. These four types of writers are titled as a, 
  • Heavy Planner
  • Heavy Reviser
  • Sequential Composer
  • Procrastinator 
I have decided that my writing personality fits best as a Heavy Reviser and quite frankly, a Procrastinator as well.



Desirre Andrews. "Proofread Marks Examples" August 17, 2015 via Flickr. Creative Commons



 Now that I have put myself in these two categories, a few more questions arise form the findings of what type of writing process I posse. These questions are;

1.) How does my writing related to the definition of a Heavy Reviser and Procrastinator?
    Yes, my writing process can be both like a Heavy Reviser and Procrastinator. The reason being why I relate myself to a Heavy Revisers is because both a Heavy Reviser and I need to write writing ideas on paper. Not only do I need to write my ideas on paper but, I also like to reread what I have written to insert more thoughts or to correct simple punctuation and grammar. Although I do quite a bit as a Heavy Reviser, I also seem to like to do Heavy Revising last minute. This is why I would consider myself to be both a Heavy Reviser and a Procrastinator.

2.)Does my writing process seem to be a successful and what are its strengths and weaknesses?
    Yes, I would say my writing process of being both a Heavy Reviser and Procrastinator has proven to be successful so far. Although my writing process has done me good up till now, it does have its weaknesses. Since my work(the work being any sort of writing assignment) is done last minute, I cannot seem to have as much time spent on my work as I would if I decided to do it a few days before hand. This is a huge weakness of being a procrastinator, but at the same time its the golden key.  Considering that I am doing my work last minute, this allows required pressure and hard thinking. With both of these outcomes it allows me to be a good Heavy Reviser by writing all my ideas on paper. On the other hand, Being a Heavy Reviser, I would say, does not have a downfall. It is a really good quality to have. 

3.)Do I think it would be beneficial if I tried a different approach? Why or why not? 
    No, like I had said before, this method has yet to prove me wrong.  

Reflection
    
    The comment that I received helped me to realize that I should be more open minded to changing my writing method. I feel like it is a good idea to try different writing methods to see which will give me the absolute BEST end result. 

Check out my comments on the blogs below!

http://ansaito.blogspot.com/
/http://thesilentinspiration.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Your answer to #1 feels as though i wrote it. I completely agree with your heavy revising with a dash of procrastination method. I find that it has been successful for me as well.However, I do recommend that we try a different approach. Who knows you might discover that it enhances your performance.

    ReplyDelete